We wanted to give wildland firefighters and smokejumpers the toughest, safest, most comfortable boot that human hands could build. To make it happen, we used Vibram® Fire Logger outsoles, special Nomex® stitching, and fire-retardant leather. We put these pieces together in a boot that was designed for exceptional comfort, fit, and durability.
HOW IT FITS
The 74 last is designed specifically for traditional logger style boots containing a removable footbed. It offers a standard profile with a more regular fit. Boots on this last tend to fit true to size. This ensures a snug fit for terrain and activities that demand support and stability. If you do have a wider foot, we recommend ordering an “EE” (wide) or “EEEE” (extra wide) in this style.
- Fire, puncture, and water-resistant 8 oz leather is the most rugged, toughest leather we’ve ever put on a boot
- Danner’s hand crafted stitchdown construction provides a wider platform for increased stability underfoot
- Nomex® fire resistant triple stitching for superior endurance
- Vibram® 360 degree Fire Logger outsole compound designed for fire and abrasion resistance and provide substantial edging and superior traction
- Steel shank
- 10″ height for ultimate support and stability
- 100 oz
- NFPA 1977; 2011 edition certified
- Made in the USA with US and Imported components